After many years of hard work, it is time for graduation!
This year’s Undergraduate Commencement will take place Saturday, May 14, 10 a.m. at Alumni Stadium.
Graduate Commencement will take place Thursday, May 12 at 10 a.m. at Memorial Hall Gymnasium
As we plan for your graduation, we will post information below.
DSU 2022 Commencement Committee
MAY 2022 COMMENCEMENT
Vaccine and Test Requirements
- Attendees will be required to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine and booster if eligible. If this requirement is not met, the following steps will also be required:
- All unvaccinated attendees will be required to submit a negative PCR viral test within 3 days of the May Commencement ceremony.
- All booster-eligible attendees who have not received a booster must submit a negative PCR viral test within 3 days of the May Commencement ceremony.
- All students must adhere to the COVID-19 testing and vaccination protocols.
IMPORTANT STEPS FOR DEGREE CANDIDATES
- COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION
Work with academic advisor and submit to the Records Office (302.857.6375) Immediately.
- SENIOR PHOTOS
- April 19-22, 2022 & April 26 – 29, 2022 | 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Student Center
- Provided by: BARKSDALE PHOTOGRAPHY
- Go to www.barksdalephoto.com
- Scroll over “What are you looking for?”
- Click on “Book your Session”
- Find your school – book on our calendar
- REGALIA PICK UP (FOR STUDENT WHO DID NOT PRE-ORDER)
- April 19 – 20, 2022 & May 2 – 14, 2022 | 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Bookstore, Martin Luther King, Jr. Student Center
- ID is required: Student ID or Driver’s License
- HONOR CORDS | Honor cords are distributed by the Records Office.
- MOVE OUT DAY FOR SENIORS: Seniors requesting to extend their stay in residence halls should email firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to graduation requesting an extension. All seniors must vacate completely the Monday following graduation by 5 p.m.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Presidential Leadership Award Application Deadline | April 8, 2022
- READING DAY | April 29, 2022
- FINALS WEEK | May 2 – 6, 2022
- TICKET PICK-UP | May 2 – 6 | Memorial Hall Gym | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
- Students participating in the Undergraduate Commencement ceremony will receive 10 guest tickets.
- Students participating in the Graduate Commencement ceremony will receive 6 tickets.
- RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSE @ 5:00 p.m. | May 2 – 6, 2022
- Seniors requesting to extend their stay in residence halls should email email@example.com two weeks prior to graduation requesting an extension.
- MANDATORY REHEARSAL
- GRADUATES | May 10, 2022 | 10:00 a.m. | Memorial Hall Gymnasium
- UNDERGRADUATES | May 13, 2022 | 10:00 a.m. | Alumni Stadium
- UNDERGRADUATE SENIOR SEND-OFF | May 13, 2022 | 12 – 2:00 p.m. | Basketball Courts
- NURSING PINNING CEREMONY | May 13, 2022 | 4 – 6:00 p.m. | E.H. Theatre
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
At Delaware State University we want to ensure that all our graduates and guests taking part in any commencement activities have the ability to participate fully and equally. If you are a graduate or a guest with a disability and feel you will need an accommodation in order to have equal access in any commencement-related event or you have any disability-related questions, please contact the Center for Disability Resources (CDR) no later than May 2, 2022. The CDR can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 302.857.7042.
Accommodative Measures Already in Place
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreting will be available for the main Commencement Ceremonies on May 12th and May 14th.
- A limited number of seats will be reserved for guests utilizing this service. Guests may have 1 companion join them in this area. First come, first served no special tickets required.
- Real-Time Closed Captioning (CART) will be available for the main Commencement Ceremonies on May 12th and May 14th.
- Drop-off areas for guests who need assistance walking longer distances will be available. Golf cart transport will be available from the parking area to the location of the Commencement Ceremony for these individuals.
- Wheelchair Access
- Graduate Commencement Ceremony, May 12th: A dedicated area for wheelchair users will be located on the mid-level of the theatre. Guests may have one companion join them in this area. First come, first served no special tickets required.
- Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony, May 14th: A dedicated area for wheelchair users will be provided with signage. Guests may have one companion join them in this area. First come, first served no special tickets required.
(This section will be updated as more information becomes available, please check back often.)
Categories: Campus News, Education, HBCUs
Leave a Reply